Posted by Editor, cairnsnews
from Alan Manson
A bill to corporatise local government
The Andrews Government has drafted the Local Government Act 2018 that has many draconian features about it. Reading the Bill indicates the following events will happen if the Bill passes through the parliament unchallenged:
- ALL local councils will become legitimised as “corporations” as representing “the third tier of government”. Our Constitution does NOT allow for this to happen; nor is it appropriate for a corporation be both a commercial profit-making enterprise and an arm of government.
- ALL Councils will be elevated to “Authority” status; meaning, they will become laws unto themselves.
- ALL councils will be able to make their own “Local Laws” (which are different to by-laws) and they will able to enforce them – even utilising the police when necessary.
- Councils will be required to bring community housing up to the standards specified in the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target 2007. This means they will send “approved officers” to people’s homes and businesses to produce a list of work required by the landowner to meet these targets for energy efficiency.
- If the landowner fails to complete the work within the given timespan, the council will then arrange for the work to be done. This could cost $$0,000’s!
- Once completed, the council gives the landowner time to pay. If he/she cannot do that, then the land is “”transferred” to the council.
- The council will then determine “market value” of the property and after any mortgage costs, encumbrances, fees and fines are deducted, many people will not see much cash remaining from the value of their former home. They could also be looking for other accommodation too.
Communist Victoria Premier Dan Andrews moves to confiscate private property if it doesn’t meet energy efficiency standards
With already corrupt councils potentially being offered so much POWER to exercise over their ratepayers, it is believed that the laws they enact will be so totalitarian that no person will have any means to object to their decisions.
Fortunately, this Draft Bill is available for public comment.
I have put together a Submission Template that exposes each council’s illegitimacy (together with other issues) and I’m seeking assistance from those who own/lease or invest in property to contact their MP’s and tell them to NOT support this Bill.
Larry Hannigan has kindly hosted for me a webpage about this matter; so I encourage you to visit the page and read it carefully, as it has extracts taken out of the proposed legislation to demonstrate how draconian this matter is.
More importantly, the webpage has a link where you can download a Submission template that I have created to assist people to make a submission
Contact the author: Alan Manson firstname.lastname@example.org